- Are you a UK trained A&E SHO or Registrar?
- Interested in a 12 month position in Australia?
- Not sure what happens next?
If you're thinking you want to secure a role for August 2017, then Prescript will need to secure an interview for you within the next few weeks. This means we have to move quickly and start the process as soon as possible. I have listed below the 6 steps needed to secure your dream role of working and living in Australia:
- Prescript will need to assess your eligibility. By registering with Prescript we can discuss the pathways available to you.
- Once we have assessed your eligibility we can discuss your preferences and the positions most suited to you.
- After we've established what you are looking for, to submit an application we will need to have your CV and two current references. We will only apply for references when we have your permission.
- Having submitted your application for a position, we will keep in touch with the hospital to schedule a telephone or Skype interview. This can take a few days or up to a few weeks to organise.
- After the interview, if the hospital wants to offer you a position we can assist with discussions on salary and additional benefits, e.g. relocation allowance. This process can take a few weeks.
- Once you've accepted the job offer, things will start to move quite quickly, and you'll need to complete paperwork to ensure you are ready to start your new job in Australia. This includes registration with the Medical Board of Australia and arranging a visa. This whole process can take up to three to four months.
We will guide you through the process in selecting a position that’s right for you. Below is an overview of the many positions available in various states in Australia:
- Emergency Resident Medical Officer needed in Western Australia, South Australia and Tasmania. Base salaries from $68,663 - $101,391 plus superannuation (pension) depending on state and level of experience.
- Emergency Registrar needed in Western Australia, South Australia, Tasmania and regional NSW. Base Salaries from $84,478 - $146,065 plus superannuation (pension) depending on state and level of experience.
Additional benefits may include, professional development opportunities, access to salary packaging, flexible study and annual leave arrangements, plus additional shift and after hours penalty rates.
Contact me today to discuss these positions in more detail and to assess your eligibility. Numerous positions are available so if you know of any colleagues looking to move to Australia, please pass on my details.
Call +61 416 544 788, email email@example.com or click the button below to get in touch.